Based in Brasilia, Brazil
Press / Business contact:
1 - Knights Of Pen And Paper
2 - Chroma Squad
3 - Galaxy Of Pen And Paper
4 - Out Of Space
5 - Mahou Senshi Cosplay Club
181 Bay Street
Toronto, ON, Canada
+1 (416) 709-4692
Behold Studios is an indie game studio from Brasilia, capital of Brazil, now operating on Toronto, Canada. The award-winning studio was founded in 2009 and its main focus is PC and Consoles. Currently working on Mahou Senshi Cosplay Club, they are mostly known for their previous games Knights of Pen and Paper, Chroma Squad and Out of Space.
Founded in Brazil's capital in 2009, Behold Studios struggled to find its identity and its audience during its early years - as many indie groups do - releasing several games in different platforms before announcing its closure in 2011. With a skeleton crew, the studio's spirit was kept alive by a new game, which was developed at a local book store. This game, Knights of Pen and Paper, turned out to win the hearts of fans and critics around the world, winning several awards and, most surprisingly, IGF's Student Showcase in 2013.Recent Days
With their bookstore days long behind them, the team at Behold Studios is working on its next game, Mahou Senshi Cosplay Club, a turn-based RPG about Cosplaying and Magical Girls. The studio is currently focused on developing games for PC and consoles.Video Policy
You’re welcome to create videos of our games and also monetize them if you want. This includes videos in the style of Let’s Plays, Speed Runs, Reviews, Tutorials, Countdowns, Commentary, etc. Behold Studios permits you to create, publish, and stream videos, either free or ad-supported, by using captured or streamed video from our games. You do not need to request written permission to create such content. Please note that we reserve the right to update this policy without notice or liability. If you have any additional questions regarding this topic or our policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahou Senshi Cosplay Club - Trailer YouTube
Chroma Squad - Official Release Trailer YouTube
Out of Space - Trailer YouTube
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - Trailer YouTube
Galaxy of Pen and Paper - Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Behold Studios, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Behold Studios. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Innovation Category Nominee: Knights of Pen and Paper" - IMGA 2013
- "Student Showcase Winner: Knights of Pen and Paper" - IGF 2013
- "Brazilian revelation Finalist: Knights of Pen and Paper" - BIG Festival 2014
- "Best Game Winner: Chroma Squad" - SBGames 2015
- "Best Game by Tachnical Jury Winner: Galaxy of Pen and Paper" - SBGames 2017
- "Best Brazilian Game Nominee: Galaxy of Pen and Paper" - BIG Festival 2017
- "Best Game Nominee: Galaxy of Pen and Paper" - BIG Festival 2017
- "Best Narrative Winner: Galaxy of Pen and Paper" - Indie Prize - Casual Connect Serbia 2018
- "Best PC Games - Out of Space" - Indigo Design Awards, 2020
- "Best Indie Game - Out of Space" - NYX Game Awards - Gold, 2021
- "If you're an RPG fan of any kind, you'll love Knights of Pen and Paper."
- Rich Stanton, Eurogamer
- "A cutesy pixel art RPG with a generous dollop of self-referential humour."
- Craig Owens about Knights of Pen and Paper, PCGAMER
- "For kids of the '90s, [Chroma Squad] is undiluted nostalgia."
- Justin McElroy, Polygon
- " Everything old is new again, reborn or rebooted to try and bring our inner child back – and so we come to Chroma Squad, the greatest Power Rangers game there never was."
- Rich Stanton about Chroma Squad, Rock Paper Shotgun
- " Behold Studios has kicked things up a notch for this game [Galaxy of Pen and Paper]. The music and presentation are a cut above the older games, the humor is on point, and they’ve worked in a special system for ship battles."
- Mike Fahey, kotaku
Get in touch with us! http:.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Founder, Producer and Coder
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks